Frequently Asked Questions


If you have any questions regarding Summer Session courses offered through the Extended Education that are not answered one this page, please contact us at​.

How do I register with Extended Education (EE) for Summer Session?

Current (active) students will register online on their student portal. New (inactive) students will need to fill out a registration form with EE.

How much is tuition?

Tuition is $322 per unit for undergraduate courses, $349 per unit for credential courses, and $355 per unit for graduate courses. Note: Some courses require additional fees. See class schedule.

How long are summer courses?

There are 3 sessions:

  • 10 week session
  • 6  week session
  • 4 week session

Is financial aid available?

There is limited financial aid available for admitted students. You will need to have already filled out your FAFSA or CADAA for the current year. Visit Summer Financial Aid to learn more. 

How do I contact instructors?

Contact information for instructors can be found on the CSU Stanislaus website A-Z directory under the faculty/staff search bar.

Where can I view the class schedule?

You can view the class schedule on the campus website.

How can I order transcripts?

There are several ways to request transcripts.  For more information please visit Transcript Request.

Where is the Extended Education office located?

We are located in the Mary Stuart Rogers Building Suite 380 at One University Circle Turlock, CA. Visit Contact Us for more information.

Can I drop off forms at the Stockton Campus?

Yes, they will be date stamped and forwarded to EE. 

Can anyone take classes through Extended Education?

Yes, as long as you do not have a hold on your account.

When is the late add/drop period?

The late add/drop period can be found on the Dates & Deadlines page under the Policies for Refunds, Add/Drops, Withdrawals section.

I am disqualified from Stanislaus State, can I still take a summer course?

Yes, you will need to fill out a registration form and register through Extended Education.

Can I be disenrolled if I do not pay my fees?

Yes, the disenrollment date for non-payment of fees can be found on the Dates & Deadlines page.

When is the last day to pay fees?

The last day to pay fees can be found on the Dates & Deadlines page.

When is the last day I can get a full refund?

The last day to get a full refund can be found on the Dates & Deadlines page.

Is there a maximum amount of units I can enroll in?

There is a 12-unit maximum; exceptions may be granted on a case by case basis by academic advisors or faculty.

Will I be getting a registration time and date?

No, summer registration is on a first come first serve basis.

How will I be notified if a class is cancelled?

You will be notified when a class is cancelled by email.

Will I be getting a refund if a class is cancelled?

Yes, you will receive a full refund for cancelled classes.  

How can I find out when class schedules will be posted?

To find out when class schedules are posted go to the Summer Session or Class Schedule pages.

Can disqualified students take a Summer Session class?

Yes, Summer Session is open to everyone. You can learn how to register here.

When do I need a permission number to add a class?

You will need a permission number to add during the late add/drop period.