Funding awarded by USDA Award No 2021-77040-34884 “Career Ready
Ag Food Safety (CRAFS) provides opportunity for selection of one
first-year freshmen (see below) identified as the “Stan State
CRAFS Food Safety Fellow.”
The CRAFS fellows will receive:
- $3,900 for tuition support, $4,000 for stipend, and $1300 for
laptop in AY 23/24; ($9,200)
- $3,900 for tuition support, $4,000 for stipend in AY 24/25;
- $3,900 for tuition support, $4,000 for stipend in AY 25/26;
Who can apply?
First-year freshmen who are citizens or permanent residents of
the U.S. or their possessions currently enrolled at California
State University, Stanislaus. Priority will be given to students
identifying as traditionally underserved minorities and
first-generation college students interested in and potentially
committed to careers in the food safety/food science field.
- Name and Contact Information
- Personal Essay
- ≤ 1-page (12-point font, 1-inch margins, single-spaced)
- Please address the following questions
- What is your background/life history (≤ 300 words)?
- What are your long-term career goals as related to
food safety/food science (≤ 200 words)?
- How would the financial support provided by the USDA
CRAFS grant enable to advance your academic progress and
career goals (≤ 300 words)?
- Obtain two letters of Reference
- Unofficial Transcript
We recommend that you carefully develop your personal essay.
All documents should be provided as PDF files with your first and
last name included in the file name.
Applications are due on Thursday, March 30,
2023. Decisions will be made immediately upon review of