Lea studied abroad in Italy through USAC during the summer of 2018 and was able to participate in an Italian cooking class! Check out her amazing dishes!
She was kind of enough to share the Panna Cotta (Italian Pudding) recipe with us!
Panna cotta – Italian pudding
- Whole Milk – 1 cup
- Whipping/heavy cream – 2 cups
- Granulate white sugar – ½ cup (adjust sweetness to your liking)
- Gelatin (powder or sheets) – 1 small packet or 2 sheets
- Vanilla extract – ½ tbsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- In a pot, mix milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Bring to simmer and stir occasionally.
- Avoid bringing milk mixture to a boil to avoid scalding and imparting a burnt flavor to the dessert.
- In a small bowl, mix gelatin and water to bloom
- Allow gelatin to harden, then add to heated milk mixture and stir until melted.
- Pour into serving containers and refrigerate until the mixture has set. Serve cold.
- Can add cinnamon or chocolate to the top